Monday, August 31, 2015

On Spiritual Warfare (Day 13)

Ephesians 6:12 - For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Feast preparation.  Relational conflicts.  Different opinions and ways.  Spiritual warfare.

In my 32 years of existence, I have not experienced spiritual warfare as intense as what I am going through at the moment. I feel like I could not rest. I would have little victories, and in a short while, I will start all over again. Ready to be crushed. Or become victorious. Sometimes, I do not know what the new day will bring. Will it bring sorrow or joy or both? Like all of the emotions from Inside Out are happening all at the same time.

I am writing today to encourage myself. What are the advantages of spiritual warfare?
  1. It’s the only kind of warfare where I know I am not going to die. My life is eternal, so it’s ok if I get shot many times. I won’t die.
  2. It’s the kind of warfare that I know my Commander has already won. The time that I would experience defeat is when I allow myself to be deceived.
  3. The main weapon of the enemy is guilt. When guilt strikes, I would start questioning my identity. Then comes the downward spiral. The faster I get out of it, the better. The hope is, it’s possible to conquer it through Messiah.
  4. The harder the warfare, the greater chance I will need an upgrade on my weapons of war. I only have to ask and believe that I will receive it.
  5. The weapons of war are powerful.  But we need to learn how to wear it, use it and guard it.  This takes some time and process, and oftentimes, wounds of battle.
(313 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment