Thursday, August 20, 2015

Overcommunication (Day 9)

James 3:6 - The tongue also is a fire… 

I like to explain. Sometimes I feel like I owe everyone an explanation.

Lately, I realized that this is not a real need. Why do I need to explain? What do I intend to gain after explaining? Am I really doing good or harm when I do? These are questions that I asked myself, as I feel like I give too much information.

I was taught that overcommunicating is a healthy habit. While I still agree on that matter, I am starting to see that it is not necessary helpful. In fact, it may even do more harm than good.

As always, I want to submit these thoughts to the Lord. Can I learn how to listen more than speaking? Can I learn the perfect timing of communication? Can You show me purpose and direction when I communicate? Can You show me what is in my heart when I cannot fight the urge to overcommunicate?

(164 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment