Friday, August 21, 2015

Enjoying The Toil Of Labor (Day 10)

Ecclesiastes 5:19 – Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil--this is a gift of God.

Today was a good day. It was the kind of rest that I needed. It was my social night – not thinking about responsibilities. Just spending time with a good friend.

So what we did was go shopping! It was so much fun, I enjoyed it a lot! I went out with a great friend who is not only a fun travel buddy, but also an awesome fashion stylist! We managed to find my “needs” that I have not responded to for almost a year.

You see, I have decided to live a life of poverty since I came to Israel. What was I thinking? More and more each day, I realized that my decision came from ignorance, lack of trust in the Lord and lack of vision and direction.

I praise the Lord for the lessons that I learned from that decision. Today, I lay down my assumptions and expectations before the Lord. Lord, I ask you to break every deception and lie that is my mind, soul and heart. I am nothing anyway apart from You. So prepare me to lose what I have to lose, and to gain what I need to gain.

(227 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment