Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What is Fasting for You? (Day 4)

Matthew 6:16 - When you fast… 

I want to write this entry in a different way. I'm writing it in a form of questions. I’m trying to get some interaction from whoever is reading this.

I’ve always been fascinated with fasting. Fasting, in the Bible, is always associated with humility and weakness of the human body. It is also associated with the power of the Holy Spirit. And in some verses, about discipline.

Fasting is also special because it transcends faiths. Muslims, Buddhist, Hindus do it, too. For Judeo-Christian faith, fasting is a regular thing.

So, my dear reader, I would like to ask you some questions. What does fasting mean for you? When do you fast?  How often do you fast?  Why do you fast?  What are the benefits that you experienced from fasting?  When you fast, what’s your main goal?  How did fasting change you?

Feel free to comment, or use this for your personal reflection.

(154 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment