Saturday, August 8, 2015

150 Words (Day 1)

Genesis 1:1,3 - In the beginning… God said… 

I dreaded writing. I hated expressing myself though words. I was ashamed of my thoughts and feelings. I was afraid of judgment. I believed my ideas should just remain in my head. UNLESS. Unless people will like it. But I could hardly find the right words.

I didn’t do well as a writer in high school. I didn’t do well in the university either. My English was considered basic, not good enough for a regular Atenean.

Here I am, hoping I could get another shot at this. I desire to express myself through words. I want to start small. Baby steps, they say, a maximum of 150 words a day.

My hope is that one day, these will be true for me:
Words are my friend, not my enemy. Words have power to create, not destroy. Words bring life, not death. 

(149 words)
Inspired by Avitama Kumar through Reina Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment