Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Writer's Block (Day 3)

Proverbs 16:9 - The mind of man plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.

Today, I struggled with writing an entry. A writer’s block, as we call it. I had a few ideas in my head on what to write about. Should I write a prayer? An interesting memory? Should I take this time to thank my friends? I tried to write but I can’t seem to find the right words. No pun intended. Restlessly walking, I finally asked the Lord THE question: Why can’t I write?

I felt the Lord search my heart at that moment. My motives does not seem to be at the right place. Hence, the message would be unclear and vague. It will lack clarity and purpose. This writing situation seems like an interesting journey. I initially wanted this for the sake of personal development. Today is just the third day. I feel like the Lord has other plans.

(156 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment