Wednesday, August 19, 2015

On Political Correctness (Day 8)

John 9:41 - Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no guilt… 

Political correctness. It’s an unspoken rule that most people in organizations practice. It’s the art of not wanting to offend anyone, and the best attempt to please everyone. 

I met someone who hates it. Quite frankly, I found it very refreshing. He said, if I want change, I need to offend people. That horrified me. I struggled with it for more than a year, and I realized, he’s right. 

It takes great boldness to speak the truth without fear of offense. Elijah wanted to die. Jeremiah was depressive. Moses became angry. Jesus… died because of it.

I live in a country that hardly exercise political correctness. However, many of their people, like the ones I mentioned above, triggered massive change in human history.

This led me to ask the Lord important questions: (1) What is the proper way of confrontation with truth? (2) When I offend people, how do I avoid getting hurt?

(169 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment