Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Letter To A Person Who Made A Big Impact In My Life (Day 7)

Ezekiel 44:12 - Because they ministered to them before their idols… 

Hello. I know you don’t read my stuff. It’s been a year since we last saw each other. Honestly, I missed you. No one else laughs at my funny face when I cry. And I always cry when we talk. I missed you for many reasons. (1) Because you empowered me. (2) You made me believe that you understood me. (3) You have always wanted what is best for me. (4) When we talk, you made me feel that you don’t have an agenda. (5) Even though sometimes you give horrible advice, you were the best at listening. I can go on and on, and I would have a long list of why I missed you. But frankly, I missed you because you are still my idol. I wish I know Jesus enough that I would see Him as my Standard, and not you. I am annoyed coz it’s taking a long time to get there. I don’t want to keep wanting to find you in friendships. I just want to get to a point where I want to find Jesus in people. In my heart, I wanted to be like you. But I wish my heart would always say that I want to be like Jesus.  Just Jesus.  I wish my idolatry towards you would end.

(229 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment