Friday, August 14, 2015

Little Surprises (Day 5)

Ecclesiates 3:11 - He has made everything beautiful in its appropriate time 

“Are you ok?” This was my roommate’s greeting this morning when we met at the hallway. I fell asleep last night with the lights on and door opened. I slept through the night for 10 long hours.

“I think the Lord wants me to stop being superwoman.” This is was my response. She graciously proposed that we go out tonight. It would be nice to see the Festival at the Sultan’s Pool.

Despite the busy day, I left work relatively earlier. We met at my favorite shop - the Jerusalem Experience*, and saw our friend Asaf.

We walked to the Old City, and had falafel pita for dinner.** We saw the event, but we didn’t go anyway. On our way home, we saw a new cinema - Yes Planet. It seems like a cool place to hangout! And it’s just a 5-minute walk from home!

Much to our surprise, there was a free concern happening in the cinema. We stopped by to discover that the band played tunes from her generation to the millenial generation! Who would have thought we can go to 2 concerts in 1 week? And pay for the price of 1?

Festival 2015
Concert at the Yes Planet Cinema
We made our plans, but the Lord guided our steps. He definitely knows what time means. I thank God is He a Master of time.

(233 words)

NOTE: Today, I am writing way beyond 150 words. The Lord rebuked me thru Jo (my roommate) that I shouldn’t beat myself up with man-made rules. I still want to do this writing thing, but I also need to exercise grace and mercy to myself.

*Jerusalem Experience is located at Jaffa Street 17, Jerusalem. The store owners are awesome! :)

**Who says you can't have 16 NIS dinner in Jerusalem? Jaffa Gate Falafel is located near the Jaffa Gate. When you reach Jaffa Gate, head straight, at the first alley on your left, you will see the small falafel kiosk.

No comments:

Post a Comment