Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Receiving Love

Galatians 6:9 - And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not give up.

One of the things that I noticed about human beings is their ability to GIVE LOVE EASILY. However, to receive love is a different story. It seems to harder to do.

Why is it difficult to receive love? I have listed down my personal principles of receiving love. Hopefully, as I grow older, my list gets better, and more grounded on wisdom and understanding.

  1. Be wise to discern between love that expects something (or everything) from you vs. love that is freely given. The former has the intent to trap you, and will demand from you soon, if not, very soon. It will bring guilty feelings and will make you feel responsible. As if you owe them. The latter does not add any burden to you. If you encounter the former, don’t get too close.
  2. To those who love freely, accept their love because it is a pleasure for them to give. Accept it so that they do not feel like they owe you. Make your friendship with them light, and a wonderful thing to keep.
  3. To those whom you accept love from, give them the best of your love — TIME. Lots of it. Give them best quantity and quality time. Not half-baked, but pure and undefiled attention. Share with them memories, laughter, sorrows and victories.
  4. Observe them, and watch their habits. Sincerely know them for who they are. They are a keeper.
I chose the verse above because I know what I will reap. Love. The real one.

(272 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment