Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hidden Manna

Hello blogging world!  It's been a while since I wrote something -- a thought, a quote, reflection.  Somehow, I feel within me the need to write once again and share random ideas or lessons that I pick up along the way.

You might ask, why did I name my blog Hidden Manna?  This name is inspired by a verse in Revelation 2:17:
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written, which no one knows except he who receives it.
Manna is something that is very close to my heart.  Like the Israelites back in the days of Moses, I had my seasons of wilderness, where I didn't have any choice but to rely on God's "manna".  I am not usually the type of person who asks for help.  However, in God's loving kindness and generosity, help is always on the way, and it comes in perfect timing.


Secondly, the latter part of the verse talks about a white stone with a new name written, which no one knows except he who receives it.  I find this part very personal, like a secret that no one understands except the one who possesses it.  Everyone has something hidden in his heart -- whether it's something good or bad.  But this one refers to something rather intimate and special, and I believe it is better than good.  It may be something that no one could ever relate to, but I know that whatever that hidden thing is, Someone understands it.   Between the Giver and the receiver, the white stone is probably like a precious gem.

So hopefully, this blog would also be a source of manna to whoever reads it.  May this blog be also my source of hope in the days of sorrow when I return to it, to remember the good things that I have picked up along the way -- white stones of beautiful memories. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment